What is a face serum?
Facial serum is a skin care product that you can apply to the skin after cleansing the face , but before hydration – with the intention of delivering powerful ingredients directly to the skin.
Facial skin serum is especially suitable for this task, because it consists of smaller molecules that can penetrate deep into the skin and deliver a very high concentration of active ingredients. This makes it an excellent preparation for targeting ingredients to specific skin care problems, such as wrinkles.
How to choose the best face serum?
In order to choose the right face serum, you must first know your skin type and needs.
- Skin prone to acne and pimples on the face : look for a face serum with vitamin C, which increases collagen production, intensifies the skin repair process and reduces inflammation. You can also try a serum for oily facial skin. Retinol is also an antioxidant and reduces inflammation – but it is a slightly heavier ingredient. Zinc soothes irritation, regulates oil production, while salicylic acid cleans pores.
- Dry facial skin : look for a face serum with vitamin E, which is an antioxidant and protects cells from oxidative damage. Niacinamide improves skin elasticity and increases the level of ceramide in the skin. Glycolic acid gently exfoliates the skin and reduces pigmentation, while hyaluronic acid retains moisture.
- Skin that does not have radiance and serenity : look for a serum that contains antioxidants such as green tea extract, resveratrol, ferulic acid. These antioxidants fight free radicals , increase the effectiveness of day creams and encourage cell renewal at night.
Remember that face serum is not always better . Be careful when using it, because strong ingredients can irritate sensitive skin. Always do an allergy test first.
Some powerful ingredients that are often found in face serum can become unstable when they come in contact with air. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C), for example, can oxidize and lose its effectiveness over time. However, there are now modified versions of the ingredient (which is soluble in water, etc.) that last longer.
Natural face serum
As in the case of any other cosmetic product, I advise you to always use natural, because that is how you get the best face serum. I don’t think there’s a need to explain to you why it’s important for ingredients that penetrate deep into your skin to be natural.
We wrote a text about natural cosmetics and explained everything in detail – why it is better to use natural cosmetics. More about this topic in the text is natural cosmetics in the service of beauty and health .
Serum for oily facial skin
We all know that oily facial skin is very demanding to care for. The first and basic rule for her care is – do not use oily or comedogenic ingredients for oily facial products !
Therefore, it would be desirable for the best facial serum for oily facial skin to be water-based . By the way, water-based serums go under the cream and they are very important. They nourish the inner layer of the skin, because the molecules are very small, so they penetrate deeply.
Oily facial skin requires a perfectly balanced combination of ingredients that will effectively moisturize, but on the other hand regulate sebum secretion. The catch is that the skin does not dry out!
So, the best face serum for oily skin aims to unclog and minimize pores and keep the skin balanced and clean. It must be non-comedogenic!
Avoid strong, dehydrating ingredients, such as medical alcohol for acne – they only encourage increased sebum secretion to make up for the difference. Hyaluronic acid and green tea are excellent moisturizers for oily skin. Vitamin C is also good for the care and protection of oily skin. In addition to numerous other herbal ingredients that can vary depending on the brand.
The best anti-wrinkle face serum
Recognizing the specific needs of the skin is the best way to choose an anti-aging serum. Below is a list of the best anti-wrinkle serum ingredients :.
- Vitamin C – known for its essential role in boosting collagen synthesis, a powerful antioxidant.
- Hyaluronic acid – helps the skin retain moisture and induces collagen remodeling.
- Peptides – A high concentration of peptides in the serum will help stimulate the growth of collagen and elastin.
- Epidermal growth factor – this is a molecular chain of amino acids that helps in healing and recovery of the skin. It works by stimulating tissue renewal and cell growth at the cellular level, as well as stimulating the production of collagen and elastin fibers.
- Stem cells – contain strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Retinol / vitamin A – minimizes the appearance of wrinkles, strengthens the thickness and elasticity of the skin and slows down the breakdown of collagen.
- AHA- alpha hydroxy acids such as glycolic and lactic acids are mainly used as exfoliants, but can also stimulate collagen synthesis.
- Vitamin E – a lipid-soluble antioxidant helps protect the cell membrane from free radical damage.
- Niacinamide / Vitamin B3 – This powerful anti-aging ingredient can “visibly improve the appearance of enlarged pores, uneven skin tone, fine lines and puffiness.
- Soy isoflavones – these phytoestrogens can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles caused by a decrease in the concentration of hormones during menopause.
- Resveratrol – found in the skin of red grapes, resveratrol is a powerful antioxidant that reduces oxidative stress and skin irritations. In high concentrations it can improve the elasticity, shine and firmness of the skin.
The best face serum with vitamin C.
Vitamin C is known as one of the best anti-aging ingredients for the skin. It is a key element in maintaining smooth, even and radiant skin. This is due to its ability to increase collagen production.
Although you probably get a lot of vitamin C in your diet, how do you know it will go directly into your skin? That is why there is the use of face serum with vitamin C and other local skin products with this vitamin.
The good thing is that the best face serum with vitamin C, which you choose is safe for most skin types. It can be used for a longer period of time without experiencing any side effects. Only those who have hypersensitive skin can feel less irritation.
Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, one of the main derivatives of vitamin C used in skin care, has an excellent moisturizing effect on the skin.
Vitamin C also helps with inflammatory skin conditions. Reducing redness or swelling on the skin can give you a more even complexion. Vitamin C face serum is great for skin prone to acne and pimples , as I already mentioned. Thanks to its action to soothe inflammation, it is clear to you that it helps in the process of recovery and regeneration of skin prone to acne and pimples.
Serum for blemishes on the face and dark circles
The best face cream with blemishes also contains vitamin C and can also help fade pigmentation and smooth the skin surface. This gives the skin a youthful glow. The use of vitamin C can also interfere with the production of melanin. This can fade blemishes on the skin and lead to an even complexion.
The best face serum can help smooth out wrinkles and fine lines under the eye. In addition, it can effectively fade dark circles under the eyes. Vitamin C in serum is also rich in antioxidants, which have been proven to protect skin cells by acting against free radical damage.
So it is essential for maintaining healthy skin.